I finished up the major part of my African collection database – about 140 items matched up with receipts, photos, etc. It was supposed to be a glowing moment of beauty, truth, revelation… but it just felt sort of haphazard and the intricacies of trying to get out a nicely formatted report got the better of me. My brain suddenly felt too old to be hassling with this crap. And I was tempted just to dump it into a spreadsheet and have done with it. I was disconsolate. Even chocolate didn’t feel like a solution.
Then I got a couple nice comments on my latest marker art… so I switched gears and played with Zuzu and Zim for the rest of the afternoon. Much more fun.
As for the collection documentation, tomorrow’s another day.