Thinking About 2012
Today is the day for resolutions -- turning over a new leaf in the big book of life. 2011 was a good year, so I don't think any radical redirection is needed. Nailed-down plans are a little boring at this stage in my life, so I want to leave lots of room for discovery and surprises. My "resolutions" below are more like the opening remarks in a conversation. I could tinker with this all day, but better to actually start moving forward.
Engaging and sharing
- Rework THE UNDERGROUND ATHLETIC CLUB as a direct-to-ebook novel. No use keeping a two-year project gathering dust in a file drawer.
- Sharing strategies for TRIBE OF THE BREAKAWAY BEADS and PASSION AND PERIL.
- I really want to do some video/animation and some more radio, but (other than my Drum and Bugle Corps project), that path isn't clear.
- More meditations on living with art. My review showed me that I got a good start this year, though the writing is pretty thin. I started building up my contents page, which is a baby step.
- Blog -- needs to be reinvented, with a clearer public purpose.
- More "Dot and Dash" cartoons?
- More inventorying... finish Asia, tackle beads
Exploration and capacity-building
- Photography: get back to honing my skills
- Drawing/cartooning: practice
- Writing exercises... maybe combine with blogging.
- Need to be more organized about social networking among new people (Google+)
- Continue reading and discussion program with Pat
- Continue digging into family history -- to find the stories
Infrastructure and work-flow
(This category is usually driven by circumstances. All systems are running pretty smoothly at the moment.)
- Continue using Toodledo for project management
- Travel! Jim! Friends and family!
- Self-care: the usual... recalibrate the diet and exercise regimen so I don't feel like a sloth
Jan 1, 2012